WELCOME TO ZIWA RHINO SANCTUARY
"RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED"
THREE Independent parties operate from within Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary PLEASE BE SURE to contact the correct person/party for your enquiries and/or reservations to avoid disappointment.
TO ENSURE that the correct staff are tipped for the services you wish to tip, please place tips in the tip boxes as shown below.
RHINO TREKKING, NATURE WALKS, BIRDING & SHOEBILL CANOE RIDE i.e. All activities on the Sanctuary
Angie : 0772713410 or Julie: 0778933490
STAFF TIPS – RANGER TIP BOX ON THE OFFICE BLOCK VERANDA
EXCLUSIVITY, SWIMMING POOL, CHILDRENS PLAY PARK BAR & RESTAURANT "feel at home in the heart of rhino territory"
Duan : 0771600812 or Alex : 0783227351
STAFF TIPS – ON THE BAR COUNTER AT AMUKA SAFARI LODGE
CAMPING, BACKPACKERS ACCOMM & RESTAURANT
Winnie: 0775521035 or Francis: 0782819777
STAFF TIPS – ON THE BAR COUNTER IN THE ROUND RESTAURANT
Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is the home to the ONLY rhino in the wild in Uganda. Through years of effort, dedicated staff and the commitment of Tour Operators, this project has been successful thus far and is growing in leaps and bounds. Along with rhino there are many other animals that roam the sanctuary and our responsibility is to ensure their safety as well.
As you are in Uganda to go on Safari and would like to enjoy the wild animals, you too play a very important role in their safety. Please help us to ensure that they stay safe by adhering to the few regulations we have on the sanctuary.
We have well trained guides that would love to share their knowledge, the beauty of the sanctuary and its animals with you. Please ask the Rhino Fund Uganda reception should you be interested in doing activities other than on foot Rhino Trekking as well.
The birding on Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is truly magnificent.
Please remember, ENGLISH IS NOT Uganda’s National Language. Your guide will be happy to answer any questions. We do however respectfully request that you phrase your questions as simply as possible.
DID YOU KNOW
- Rhinos were declared extinct in Uganda by 1983
- The rhinos on Ziwa are Southern White Rhino
- White rhino can run up to 45 km per hour
- White rhino gestation period is 16 months
- A fully grown male White rhino can weigh up to 3 Tons
- White rhino are grazers – they only eat grass
- White rhino CAN BE aggressive
- Gate Times - Opens 07H30 and closes 18H00
- Driving within the sanctuary after 18H00 is not allowed
- Speed limit within Sanctuary - 30 Kilometers per hour
- Driving around or Bush walks without a guide is strictly prohibited
- Use of GPS within the Sanctuary is not allowed
- Littering, Feeding & Touching of animals is strictly prohibited
- NO FIREARMS ALLOWED - Please declare on entry at Main Gate
- A USD 50 fine is payable for not adhering to any of the above
SAFETY WHILE TREKKING
- WE ADVISE - Closed Shoes, Long Pants, and no bright colored clothing
- LISTEN to your guide’s briefing and FOLLOW his instructions
- SWITCH OFF your mobile phone or keep it on silent
- DO NOT make noise or quick movements when by the rhinos
- STAY NEAR trees or bushes when near the rhino
- YOU CANNOT touch these rhinos they are WILD ANIMALS
- Your guide has the authority to withdraw your group from Trekking should you or anyone in your group not adhere to the safety precautions given by him
- BE AWARE of other wild animals and snakes
The Management and Staff of Rhino Fund Uganda would like to thank you, for taking the time to visit our Sanctuary and rhinos. The fee you pay for your rhino trekking or activity, contributes directly to the upkeep and running expenses of this rhino conservation program.
Facebook: Rhino Fund Uganda
Trip Advisor: Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary